Who we are
Under Data Protection legislation the Trustees of Seer Green Baptist Church are the Data Controller and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal data we collect and why we collect it:
We collect the information described below for all people who worship regularly with us, or who are friends of the church. This allows the church to keep in touch with you and provide pastoral support as appropriate.
Data Protection legislation allows us to process this information as we regard it as being in the church’s legitimate interest.
- Your name and contact details will be entered into our church database which is held on the church office computer which is password protected and accessed only by the Minister, Church Secretary and Church Administrator. Your contact details will be removed from the database once you no longer worship regularly at our church – unless you ask to remain as one of our “church friends” or unless you are one of our mission partners who we support.
- If you donate money to the church we will maintain records of your donations and Gift Aid declarations for six years after your last donation.
- To enable us to provide adequate pastoral support to you and your family, the Minister may record information which may be regarded as sensitive. This information will be stored (in password protected documents) on the Minister’s computer but the password will only be known by the Minister. This information will NOT be disclosed to anyone else without your consent.
- If your role with the church requires it, we will maintain records of the application and results of a DBS check for you.
- If you have subscribed to our email prayer chain we will hold your email address in our mailing software. Note that you can choose to unsubscribe to this service at any time through the unsubscribe link provided on each email.
In addition, from time to time, we may wish to collect other information, for example for registration at events. In those circumstances we will always make it clear what information we are collecting and why, and we will only collect it with your consent.
You have the right to ask to see any information we hold about you by submitting a ‘Subject Access Request’ to the Church Secretary at email@example.com. You also have the right to ask for information which you believe to be incorrect to be rectified.
If you are concerned about the way your information is being handled please speak to our Data Protection Trustee at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unhappy you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
In addition, we collect personal data from visitors to this website as follows:
- Comments. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser to help spam detection.
- Media. If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Cookies. Two cookies are placed on your computer when you browse our site, both by the third-party service Wordfence for WordPress which manages site security, preventing hacking and blocking access from suspicious IP addresses, and both cookies are used for this purpose. In addition, if you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- How long we retain your data. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- What rights you have over your data. If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Where we send your data. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.